Monday, February 28, 2011

Silence.

silence.
[sahy-luhns] noun, verb, -lenced, -lenc·ing, interjection
 
(noun).
- absence of any sound or noise; stillness.
- the state or fact of being silent;  muteness.
- absence or omission of mention, comment, or expressed concern.
- the state of being forgotten; oblivion: in the news again after years of silence.
- concealment; secrecy.

(verb [used with object]).
- to put or bring to silence; still.
- to put (doubts, fears, etc.) to rest; quiet.
  
I'm the type of person who always has things around; objects, papers, "inspiration", music playing, etc. However, I secretly wish to be one of those really tidy people who throw (or give) things away and have a live/work space filled with no distractions, only necessary tools and objects. 
So, to those that know me, it might come as a surprise that this is my favorite film.



I will never get sick of watching it. I love its simplicity, cleanliness, order. I love that it has no soundtrack, no dialogue, and no captions explaining what is happening (which is funny given the name of this blog). It was beautifully shot, using only the available light (sunlight, candles...).
Some people complain about the length of it (over 2 hours long), but I wish it was longer!


Cite.

No comments:

Post a Comment